Digital currency or cryptocurrency is in the attention of worldwide investors and entrepreneurs who understand the financial direction of businesses whether online or not. If you want to open a cryptocurrency company in Malta this might represent a solid business idea, supervised by a recently adopted legal framework. We invite you to talk to our specialists in company formation in Malta and find out information about how you can set up a cryptocurrency in Malta.
Can I trade with digital money worldwide?
Yes, if you want to open a cryptocurrency company in Malta you can easily offer the possibilities of paying with virtual money in most of the countries. We mention that your cryptocurrency company in Malta must respect the Company Act and its provisions related to the company formation and business activities in Malta.
Legal framework for Maltese cryptocurrency companies
With a complete concentration on the direction of digital money development in Malta, the authorities had to align with the European requirements in this sense and to create three important set of laws governing the cryptocurrency activities in Malta:
- • the Innovative Technological Arrangement and Services Act in Malta;
- • the Malta Digital Innovation Authority Act – administrative principles in digital currency;
- • the Virtual Financial Asset Act – licensing, regulations, restrictions.
Malta is seen as an important financial hub that hosts numerous cryptocurrency companies which is why foreign investors are attracted by a solid and fresh set of regulations and by a trustworthy environment. If you would like to set up a cryptocurrency company in Malta, we invite you to address your questions to our Maltese company incorporation consultants.
How can I register a cryptocurrency company in Malta?
With the necessary approvals issued by Malta Financial Services Authority, the VAT certificate and proof of the bank account linked to your firm you can incorporate the cryptocurrency company with the Registry of Companies in Malta. You can run such activities under the rules and regulations of a limited liability company in Malta, one of the favorite business structures in this country.
Obtaining the Malta crypto exchange license
Maltese crypto exchange license is divided into 4 categories as follows:
- • Class 1 is required for companies dealing with consulting on virtual assets, and receiving and transferring orders. A fee of EUR 3,000 is paid, plus a fee of approximately EUR 2,750 / year.
- • Class 2 is required for activities such as foreign exchange transactions outside the exchange in own accounts. This license costs around EUR 5,000, plus an annual fee of approximately EUR 4,500.
- • Class 3 allows all types of operations, without exchange, and costs around EUR 7,000. An annual fee of EUR 6,000 is added.
- • Class 4 allows custodial services, in addition to VFA operations, and costs EUR 12,000. An annual fee of approximately EUR 25,000 will also be paid.
In order to obtain the Malta crypto exchange license you need to follow the following formalities:
- • You must register a Maltese limited liability company and deposit at least 20% of the minimum share capital.
- • You need to have a physical business address and at least 3 employees.
- • The director of the company can also be its representative.
- • Security systems and protocol as well as anti-money laundering measures are required.
- • The MFSA will check the cryptocurrency company documents in Malta and will issue the Malta crypto exchange license if they are in order.
One of our company formation agents in Malta can handle the above-mentioned formalities if you want to open a cryptocurrency company in Malta.
Pending obligations with a cryptocurrency company in Malta
Those who want to open a cryptocurrency company in Malta must consider risk management and compliance actions and ensure the protection of customers and their investments. Prudential requirements for cover funds, ongoing capital, and initial share capital are also required. In addition, when registering a cryptocurrency company in Malta, you must prepare a set of obligations and rules regarding the conduct of business, the sale and purchase procedures, as well as the settlement of conflicts. If you want guidance in this regard, please talk to one of our local agents. We have experience in this direction, and we can help you.
Reasons to open a cryptocurrency company in Malta
Malta is recognized as the most crypto-friendly jurisdiction in the European Union and is the reason why foreign investors choose this destination. The registration of a cryptocurrency company in Malta is done quite quickly, in about two weeks and you do not need to travel to this country for this procedure. Foreign companies that have foreign management can benefit from a corporate tax rate of 5%, under certain conditions. Malta also allows cryptocurrency transactions in the online gaming industry, the most prolific sector in the country.
Why invest in Malta
The island state of Malta offers a fairly friendly business climate to foreign investors, especially in terms of taxes. The workforce is multilingual, young, and experienced, which is an important benefit for those who want to establish their activities in Malta. In addition, the official language is English, which facilitates international business.
And as Malta is one of the few countries that offers a complete and stable climate for opening cryptocurrency companies, foreign investors interested in this benefit from security and protection.
Please feel free to contact our team of company incorporation experts in Malta and solicit information about how to open a cryptocurrency company in Malta.